Interview with Nellie Akalp
Nellie Akalp is a serial entrepreneur, small business advocate, speaker and author. She is the founder & CEO of CorpNet.com, an online legal document filing service, where she helps entrepreneurs start, grow and maintain a business.
1. How would you define ‘small business’ in 2016?
I’d define small business in 2016 as booming! Our office is flooded with calls of people who are embarking on the journey of entrepreneurship taking their future in their own hands and starting the business they’ve always wanted to!
2. How do you think technology has re-shaped the SMEs (amazing and sad ways)?
Personally, I think technology is amazing since it helps us grow and revolve as an online business. But then again, it creates chaos and disruption that makes running a business constantly evolve and keeps us busy trying to keep up on all of the latest trends!
3. Please give 5 notions that would define small business owners in the future
In the future, small business owners will be defined as:
creative and innovative
ahead of their time
4. What’s the best strategy to overcome the Digital Divide?
Overcoming the digital divide in the world has to start with economies in each country. The better the economy, the more jobs there are for people and the more disposable income they have to get access to various types of technology. Hopefully some day the digital divide will be long past us!
5. Who is your favourite blogger recently?